Who We Are…
We have been in the coffee industry since the 1970’s. We are a family operated business dedicated to providing you with the best coffee and service.
Enrile M. Asuncion
- Enrile has over 35 years experience in the Coffee Industry in every stage of the coffee value chain from the tree to the cup.
- Founder of:
- Evrile Enterprises: Coffee Export Company based in Silang, Cavite
- Silca Trading Company: Coffee Import Company based in Seattle, WA
- Jamica Coffee: Coffee Roasting Company based in Silang, Cavite
Enrile drank his coffee black, usually 2-4 times a day. Coffee was an essential part of his ritual, and could frequently be found in the family home lanai (outdoor leisure area/porch) with coffee and a cigarette.
Michael P. Asuncion
- Michael grew up around the coffee industry and has experience in all capacities of our business.
- Prior to Silca Coffee Roasting Company, Michael was an Investment Banker with Lehman Brothers in San Francisco and Hong Kong for 4 years where he specialized in corporate advisory for Mergers & Acquisitions, Debt and Equity capital raising for Technology and Industrial companies in the United States and Asia.
- Michael graduated Magna Cum Laude in Business Administration from the University of Southern California (USC).
Michael will try any coffee under the sun- all day, everyday. He loves the thrill of trying new blends, beans, roasts, and preparation methods. From what is observed at the office, he tends to favor local brews prepared on expensive machines.
Evelyn P. Asuncion
- Co-founded Evrile Enterprises (1982)
- Co-founded Silca Trading Company (1983)
Evelyn drinks her coffee black. We’re not sure how many times a day, but if we had to estimate it would be 6-8 cups. She drinks in the morning, afternoon, before naps, when sleepy, after dinner, and even at night. She exclusively drinks local coffee from Cavite and immediately knows if someone is trying to serve her something else.
Carolyn P. Asuncion
- Prior to Silca Coffee Roasting Company, Carolyn worked with technology start-up companies in San Francisco and Los Angeles, including CollegeBudget and Yelp, specializing in online marketing and business development with national brands.
- Graduated in Business Administration from the University of Southern California
Carolyn drinks an Americano with whole milk three times a day: first thing every morning before a run, mid-morning, and then mid-afternoon. On vacations, she’ll have brown sugar with her coffee.
Jaclyn P. Asuncion
- Graduated Cum Laude from Georgetown University in the United States with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Foreign Service (International Political Economy)
- Holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from INSEAD France
- Is a Global Leadership Fellow Alumni of the World Economic Forum
Jax’s favorite coffee in the universe is Silca Coffee/Kick-Start Coffee Barako. Wherever she is in the world, she enjoys drinking local coffee in whatever form locals typically take it. When in Rome, she never drinks cappuccinos after noon.