Summer Coffee Recipes You Can Try at Home
Need some coffee recipes to spice up your mundane ECQ life? Look no further. With the temperature rising as summer goes by, we Filipinos need to resort to finding the best thirst quenchers under the sun. Especially since most of us are in quarantine, just a cup of coffee a day can cure our boredom and keep our sanity intact. And with all those work from home shenanigans, virtual meetings and online classes happening non-stop, a break from it can save us from exhaustion and what better way to refresh our mind? Coffee. Yes, coffee is always the answer (kidding)! Here are some coffee
This is why we recommend these 3 very simple Coffee Thirst Quenchers you should definitely try making in your home. We will be featuring here our bestsellers from Silcafe and Kick-Start per recipe! Keep an eye on those as they will definitely spice up your coffee concoction!
Vanilla and Coffee Affogato (Easy)
- 1 scoop of vanilla gelato
- 2 ounces of brewed espresso or any coffee blends (Suggested: Silcafe’s Espresso Blend, Blend No. 3, and Kick-Start’s Brewed Awakening)
- 1 piece of chocolate (garnish)
- In a chilled medium bowl, glass, or dessert dish, place a large scoop of vanilla gelato.
- Slowly pour the brewed espresso coffee over the gelato.
- For the finishing touches, garnish it with chocolate (we recommend you use dark chocolate!)
Perfect Frothy Iced Coffee Recipe (Medium)
- 1 tablespoon of any of our best selling ground coffee variants: Breakfast Blend, House Blend, and Brewed Awakening,
- ¼ cup whole milk or full cream
- ¼ cup warm water
- 4 tablespoon of sugar
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- Place 1 tablespoon of ground coffee in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup warm water. Stir very well. To make the shake, use full cream milk.
- Add the coffee solution in a blender jar. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color fades to a lighter brown shade.
- Add 6 to 7 ice cubes into the blender.
- Pour 2 cups of chilled milk (500 ml).
- Blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice frothy layer on top.
- Pour in glasses and Serve cold coffee immediately. The froth on top settles down and reduces with time, so serve immediately.
We hope you find these recipes very entertaining to make and we only wish that you enjoyed these drinks. Feel free to be creative with the mixtures and don’t forget to share these quenchers with your friends and family. Always stay safe and healthy!
Coffee Whole Beans Ice Cream Recipe (Hard)
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of coffee whole beans (suggested: Your Daily Lift whole beans, Espresso Blend, or Silca Reserve)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup of heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground coffee (for topping!)
- Using medium heat, heat the milk, whole coffee beans, salt, and ½ cup heavy cream in a saucepan. Stir carefully to warm but don’t allow the mixture to boil. Once it is warm enough, cover the saucepan, remove from heat and let it rest at room temperature for one hour.
- Pour the remaining cream into a bowl over an ice bath with sieve. To do this, simply pour the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into a medium size metal bowl, and set on ice over a larger bowl. Set a mesh strainer on top of the bowls then set aside.
- Reheat the milk and coffee mixture, on medium heat, until hot and steamy (not boiling!).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together.
- Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly so that the egg yolks are tempered by the warm milk, but not cooked by it. Scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- Stir the custard mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof, flat-bottomed spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula so that you can run your finger across the coating and have the coating not run. This can take about 10 minutes.
- Press on the coffee beans in the strainer to extract as much of the coffee flavor as possible. Then discard the beans. Mix in the vanilla and finely ground coffee, and stir until cool.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker!
Products featured in Our Coffee Recipes
- House Blend
- Espresso Blend
- Breakfast Blend
- Silca Reserve
- Your Daily Lift
- Brewed Awakening
Shopee Mall Store
Follow us on Social Media or Learn More About Our Brands